Best Chairs For Playing Guitar (Reviewed For Our Audience)
The 7 Best Chairs for Playing Guitar in 2020 (For Long sessions)
You may be just starting to practice with your guitar, and investing in a great capo, strap, and pick might be looking like the only need of the hour. But, right after you buy your guitar, the first thing that should come in your mind is where you’ll practice it? And where can you get that best chair for playing guitar ?
Guitar chairs are often the most ignored tool in the mainstream. Guitar practitioners don’t realize how useful guitar stools are, and the artists use it several times a day.
When you practice your guitar sitting in a regular chair, you’ve to sit on the edge to escape the chair’s arms and keep one of the feet on your toes for the right alignment of the guitar with your hands. And when you’re done practicing, your soar fingers aren’t the only problem for your next practice session, your back, leg, and feet are hurting too.
When I first started my guitar practice, I made the same mistake. I tried all those regular home chairs for practicing in the beginning, only to realize it was a colossal mistake not investing in a good guitar stool or chair from the get-go.
Here’s a full list of the best guitar chairs available on the market with a quick overview. The list also contains the chair for performers who stay on tours.
Let’s dig in.
Quick Overview – Top 9 Guitar Playing Hobby Chairs
1. The Original Guitar Chair – This guitar stool is 19 inches in height and is made of walnut hardwood. It’s ergonomic to give you support and comfort and yet stylish. The chair is specially designed for classical guitarists or for a musician looking for an armless chair that supports the lower back. Plus, the chair also has a comfortable cushion and a seat height of 19 inches. You can practice for long hours sitting on this guitar chair.
2. Quick Lok Musician Seat (Dx749) – This is one of the best guitar stools that comes with adjustable seat height, footrest, and backrest. The guitar stool dimensions are 58-80 cm in total height, with a frame width of 40cm and depth 47 cm. Besides, the fold-up size is 41 x 119 x 39 cm.
3. Gator Frameworks Acoustic Guitar Stand – This guitarists’ stool is specially designed for an acoustic guitar player and comes with multiple amazing features. The facets include a footrest, padded cushioned seat, and backrest. Plus, you can also use it to store your guitar or to be more accurate as a guitar stand.
4. On-Stage Guitar/Keyboard Throne – This guitarist stool specialized in comfort and flexibility. It features a padded leather seat, footrest, and a backrest for comfort. Plus, you can also use it for spotlight-ready optics. Its sturdy legs can support up to 120 pounds of weight, and it’s convenient for even the keyboard players.
5. Portable Adjustable Musician Performer Stool – It’s the best chair for the guitarist as it’s compact and adjustable. To carry it around, the guitar player will only need to fold and lift it. It’s also suitable for a drum keyboard. The seat height is adjustable, and the seat is heavily padded. Plus, it features backrest and footrest for more comfort and long hours of practice and playing.
6. Odyssey DJCHAIR Adjustable DJ Chair – This best chair to play guitar can support up to 300lbs and is very comfortable to sit in with its padded seat. The chair is portable and designed to relieve back and leg stress. The seat height is about 21 – 30.75 inches. And you can easily remove the padded top.
7. Quik Lok Guitar/Keyboard Performer and DJ Deluxe Seat, Piano Chair – This guitarist chair is for the performers. It’s also suitable for playing the keyboard, piano, and orchestra. Besides, it features a fully padded seat and adjustable backrest. You can also adjust seat height in a snap to 9 height position from 22.8 – 31.5 inches.
If the details are hard for you to understand or if it’s your first time buying a guitar chair or stool, check out our buyer’s guide.
Top 7 Guitar Hobby Chairs Reviews
#1 The Original Guitar Chair
This popular chair amongst the guitarist is of 19th inch in height, available with a thick cushion and an ergonomic design. However, more sizes of the seat are available if 19 inches isn’t right for your height. This stool, with 19, inches is highly recommended for people with height in the range of 5’4″ – 6′.
The chair has a cutaway seat design that allows proper positioning of the leg. It’s durable, has a padded cushioned seat for comfortably working for long hours, and padded back support to relieve lower back pain. Besides, you can also fold the chair and carry it around with you.
The chair is excellent for portability and storage. It’s a high-performance stool and best chair for guitarists.
The Original Guitar Chair Highlight
- 19th inch in height
- A thick cushion seat
- Recommended for 5’4″ and under 6′ of height
- Relieves lower back pain.
- Can be used as a performance stool
If you’re looking to buy yourself a durable stool, this can be the best choice.
- The design of the chair is ergonomic.
- It has a unique design which is suitable for guitarists
- The chair lasts long.
- The chair is a bit expensive for not having any adjustable qualities.
#2 Quick Lok Musician Seat (Dx749)
It’s one of the best chairs for guitar players with adjustable height, footrest, and backrest. The chair is an excellent gift for any performer who has a band or practices with multiple other guitar players. Besides, if you give guitar classes these chairs are worth investing in, as they can adjust according to each student’s needs.
The overall weight of the chair is 17.8 pounds, which means it’s quite lightweight and portable. When you order one of these, the chair, you’ll receive a chair with the dimensions 39.76 x 7.68 x 16.54 inches. The chair is comfortable and comes in black color.
Quick Lok Musician Seat (Dx749) Highlight
- Adjustable footrest
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable backrest
- Weight: 17.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 39.76 x 7.68 x 16.54 inches
What we like : The chair is fully adjustable and can be of help for any guitar players and performers.
What we didn’t like : The quality of the footrest grip isn’t up to the mark.
Conclusion: If you’re on a hunt to buy a fantastic and adjustable guitar chair or stool, this adjustable chair will be the best.
- The chair has an adjustable backrest, footrest, and height
- Weighs only 17.8 pounds
- Its lightweight makes it portable
- Some customers complained the footrest is a bit slippery.
#3 Gator Frameworks Acoustic Guitar Stand
Heavily padded cushions make the guitar seat perfect for maximum comfort. It’s well built, and can also be used as a bar stool. Its heavy-duty combination boasts a holding capacity of 300 pounds. Any musicians with variable height can easily use this chair.
It’s durable, and it has a soft cushioned seat, back rest, and a footrest which make it useful for long-hour guitar practice. Plus, you can also use it as a guitar stand— features rubberized arms to prevent the guitar from slipping. The construction of its legs is also similar for keeping your feet from sliding with folded chair’s legs.
The guitar stand can hold acoustic, electric, and bass guitars.
Besides, it’s collapsible and compact in design and sturdy in construction. The chair is lightweight, portable, and very comfortable. And it’s quite easy to assemble with all the hardware included in the package.
Gator Frameworks Acoustic Guitar Stand Highlight
- Seat padded with cushions
- maximum comfort
- The capacity of 300 pounds
- Can be used as a guitar stand and a barstool
What we like : The chair is sturdy in construction, durable, and can hold around 300 pounds, which is quite significant. Plus, it can be used for long hours of practice with great comfort and can also be modified into a guitar stand.
What we didn’t like : Short people won’t find it much usable.
Conclusion : If you’re looking to replace your musician chair or stool and guitar stand with a single portable guitar chair with a backrest, this is the right pick.
- The chair is easy to assemble
- Can stand up to 300 pounds
- The thick padding makes it perfectly comfortable for long hours practice sessions
- Not suitable for short people
#4 On-Stage Guitar/Keyboard Throne
When you look for guitar chairs and stools, you primarily look for the ones with adjustable height, a backrest, a right footrest, and the ones which are comfortable. This chair has all of these qualities. Plus, it’s durable, and it has a sturdy construction.
You can adjust the height of the seat from 21¼ – 30½ inches, it’s footrest is 14¾ inches, and the base spread is 16½ inches. Plus, it can bear up to 240lbs of weight, and its padding is 12¼ inches thick. The chair comes in black.
Besides, you can use a chair for playing a guitar or a keyboard. It’s highly comfortable for long hours of practice. The guitar’s construction is unique and has all rights reserved.
The head area is designed to encourage a cat nap or just an opportunity to comfortably and effortlessly gaze at the stars.
On-Stage DT8500 Guitar/Keyboard Throne Highlight
- Adjustable height
- Sturdy construction
- Seat height adjustable from 21¼ – 30½ inches
- Footrest height is 14¾ inches
- Padding thickness: 12¼ inches
- Can bear up to 240lbs
What we like : The chair is sturdy in construction, and any guitar or keyboard player can use it for long hours of practice or perform on stage.
What we didn’t like : You can’t adjust the foot support.
- The seat height is adjustable (from 21¼ – 30½ inches)
- The padding of the seat is quite thick
- Can bear up to 240lbs of weight.
- The footrest of the chair is non-adjustable.
#5 Portable Adjustable Musician Performer Stool
It features adjustable height, footrest, seat, and backrest cushions. These features make this chair the best. It can adapt to any musician’s needs and in any environment from a studio to a stage.
The best part is that the chair has a unique design so that anyone can use it—from the beginner to the professional player. Apart from this, even the performers, sound engineers, guitar players, drummers, pianists can also use it.
Additionally, the seat of the chair is well padded and is quite comfortable for long hours of practice sessions.
Besides, the chair is lightweight, portable, and foldable. The built-in quality is quite sturdy making the chair durable. And, you can confidently use this chair to perform on stage. It’s rock-solid construction makes it suitable to stand the wear and tear of traveling and touring and still not lose its functionality. If you perform in multiple places then this chair can go a long way with you.
Portable Adjustable Musician Performer Stool Highlight
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable footrest
- Adjustable backrest cushions
- Well padded
- Comfortable for long hours practice
- Foldable—best for storage
What we like : The chair is suitable for most uses and has sturdy construction making it durable.
What we didn’t like : Customer service isn’t too good.
Conclusion: If you’ve to travel every time to perform in concerts and you want something you can rely on, this chair will be the best for you.
- A wide variety of musicians can use it.
- Can stand the wear and tear of traveling and touring
- You can easily fold the chair to store for storage, and it’ll take limited space
- Poor customer service.
#6 Odyssey DJCHAIR Adjustable DJ Chair
The DJ Chair from Odyssey is perfect for playing guitar, with substantial comfort of performing for long hours. The chair can help reduce your fatigue and stress on your back and legs. And it comes with five adjustment levels, form 19 – 33 inches in height.
It’s suitable to support 300 lbs. You can easily carry it with you anywhere—as it’s portable and lightweight. Plus, it’s padded backrest is removable and the backrest is adjustable.
The chair weighs 17.6 pounds and comes in the dimensions of 17 x 18 x 47.5 inches. And you can also request for a manufacturer’s warranty from customer service.
Odyssey DJCHAIR Adjustable Dj Chair Highlight
- Support long hours performance and practice
- Five adjustment levels of height: 19 – 33 inches
- Can stand 300 lbs
- Weighs 17.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 17 x 18 x 47.5 inches
What we like: The chair has a sturdy construction and has five height adjustments.
What we didn’t like: The backrest is a bit too far.
Conclusion : If you’re looking to get yourself a highly durable guitar chair with adjustable height, this chair will be the perfect choice for you.
- Has high built-in quality
- Has five adjustment levels of height
- Weighs only 17.6 pounds
- The backrest of the chair is far behind to sit with ease.
#7 Quik Lok Guitar/Keyboard Performer and DJ Deluxe Seat, Piano Chair
This is one of the best chairs for guitarists. It’s suitable for all the other musicians, including the keyboard list, woodwind, and brass players. It’s ergonomic in design to keep your posture right while playing and practicing your guitar. Besides, it has a thick and comfortable cushioned seat that you can adjust from 22.8 – 31.5 inches. You can also change the backrest to multiple heights, and an adjustable footrest accompanied that.
The chair’s construction is sturdy, which makes it durable and perfect for storing your guitar lying against it. Additionally, the chair looks exceptionally stylish due to its non-reflective, powder-coated black enamel finish.
Apart from this, this best chair for guitarist has an Ivation clip-on music light to position your view in any direction you like.
Quik Lok Guitar/Keyboard Performer and DJ Deluxe Seat, Piano Chair Highlight
- Suitable for all the other musicians
- Cushioned seat adjusted to 22.8 – 31.5 inches
- Has backrest
- Has footrest
- It’s durable
What we Like: The chair is suitable for playing the most musical instrument. It has an ergonomic design for the ultimate comfort of the user.
What we didn’t like: Approximately two inches high to play piano
Conclusion: If you’re looking for the right chair to play your guitar with an adjustable and cushioned seat, this is the one for you.
- The seat is highly cushioned
- The seat is adjustable from 22.8 – 31.5 inches
- The chair has a footrest and a backrest, and it’s suitable for most type of musicians
- Even though the manufacturer claims that the chair is suitable for most musicians, it isn’t quite ideal for playing the piano. Height of the seat is 2 inches higher for playing it.
Buyer's Guide To Chairs for Playing Guitar
You might be looking for the buyer’s guide because either you’re buying a guitar chair for the first time or you’re just not sure if you need one or not.
If you’re just starting with the guitar, you know the answer, as I discussed earlier. If you already play on stages with your band and play acoustic guitar, then investing in a chair will be an excellent idea for two reasons: First, it takes the tension away from playing in front of an audience. Second, it’s easier to play guitar sitting down than with a hanging strap.
Well, whatever your doubt was, I hope it’s clear now. Let’s find out everything you need to know about the guitar stools.
Design is the first thing that people usually make their decision around. What kind of guitar stool or chair do you want? Should it be like the regular stool at your home? Or do you need a seat that can provide a good backrest?
Once it’s decided, you can move on with your purchase.
The next thing that you should look for is the built-in quality of the guitar stool you’re buying. The chair should have a sturdy chassis so that it can support you and your instrument well. If it seems it can’t bear the weight, move on and look somewhere else.
Now, you should verify the padded seat of the stool. It should be comfortable so you can practice for long hours without acquiring any backache. Plus, the height of the guitar stool is another major factor you should check out while buying.
Best Chairs For Guitar Players - Comparison Table
Here’s the comparison chart of the guitar chairs for you to choose the one that best suits your needs.
|The Original Guitar Chair||Best guitar playing chair, 19 inch height, walnut wood, comes with cushioned seat.||No||Check Price|
|Quick Lok Musician Seat (Dx749)||Best musician chair, comes with footrest, backrest, and height positions: 58-80 cm||Yes||Check Price|
|Gator Frameworks Acoustic Guitar Stand||Stool guitar, collapsible, portable, comes with padded seat, backrest, and footrest.||No||Check Price|
|On-Stage Guitar/Keyboard Throne||Best guitar and keyboard chair, footrest, comes with padded seat, backrest, weight capacity 240lbs, a performance stool, black in color||Yes||Check Price|
|Portable Adjustable Musician Performer Stool||Provides maximum comfort, comes with cushioned seat, backrest, foot rest, foldable, portable, chair or stool for guitar and drum keyboard players||Yes||Check Price|
|Odyssey DJCHAIR Adjustable DJ Chair||Best guitar playing chair, supports 300lbs, comfortable and portable, relieved back and leg stress||Yes||Check Price|
|Quik Lok Guitar/Keyboard Performer and DJ Deluxe Seat, Piano Chair||Comfortable chair, best for keyboard and guitar performer, comes with padded seat, adjustable backrest, and footrest||Yes||Check Price|
So, now that we’ve discussed most of the guitar chairs, it’s finally time to decide which one to buy. Here’s our recommendation.
If you want to buy the best chair with all the beautiful features without digging deep in the research, go for Quick Lok Musician Seat (Dx749) . So far, it’s the most extensively sold chair, and it comes with all the necessary features that one needs in her/his musician chair.
However, if you’re looking for the best chair with comparatively lower prices, choose Gator Frameworks Acoustic Guitar Stand . It comes with sturdy construction and all the fantastic facets from adjustable height to footrest and backrest. Yet, present at a reasonable price.